I am not a writer. I'm terrible but I hope you get the point anyway.
I want to start to lay out some of my thoughts about teaching art. I teach visual art privately to kids as young as 4 to adults.
Having learning disabilities all my life has lead to my interest in the process of learning and alternative learning approaches. I have a interest in the cognitive side of things and child development. Though I am not an expert in any. My background is in fine art, drawing and painting.
I have been influence by the classic book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and my own personal experiences with cognitive therapy.
It seems to me that many people have a drawing learning disability. So many people tell me how they can only draw stick figures.
I had a hard time learning to read and write. But I can do it now. Comparatively learning to draw and paint was easy for me. Anyone can learn to draw like anyone can learn to read. For some easier, some harder. There are just different challenges.
But what about creativity, can that be taught?
I want to start to lay out some of my thoughts about teaching art. I teach visual art privately to kids as young as 4 to adults.
Having learning disabilities all my life has lead to my interest in the process of learning and alternative learning approaches. I have a interest in the cognitive side of things and child development. Though I am not an expert in any. My background is in fine art, drawing and painting.
I have been influence by the classic book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and my own personal experiences with cognitive therapy.
It seems to me that many people have a drawing learning disability. So many people tell me how they can only draw stick figures.
I had a hard time learning to read and write. But I can do it now. Comparatively learning to draw and paint was easy for me. Anyone can learn to draw like anyone can learn to read. For some easier, some harder. There are just different challenges.
But what about creativity, can that be taught?
No comments:
Post a Comment